Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Monday, April 25, 2005

Our Worst Parenting Mistake so far..

We are bad bad bad bad parents. I am going to try to not put this one too much on Doug, because we were both BAD.

I was getting ready to leave for my book study that night and I went downstairs with Kiera and put her by her daddy. Then I went back upstairs to get ready to go. Well I was on the computer for a couple of minutes and yelled down to Doug "make sure you are watching your daughter!" Well as soon as I said that I heard "wahhhhh" and ran out of the office and at the TOP of the stairs, holding onto the gate, was Kiera. I was SO MAD I yelled at Doug, who came scrambling and saw me pulling Kiera over the gate to safety. Naturally she was very upset, both by being stuck at the top of this MASSIVE staircase to her mum yelling at her dad.
We finally installed the one at the top of the stairs, and we have another one that is turning out to be pretty useless. its a pressure mounted one, that because of the wierd way our stairs are, doesn't pressure mount to anything. we need to get another gate. so far, its been a pretty good deterrant just using the gate sitting on the stairs, as she has pulled it down on herself and won't touch it anymore. but how safe is that? my kid could hurt herself just by yanking on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home