Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Thursday, May 26, 2005

okay okay I am back

I figured everyone has JUST seen her, so there wasn't much to tell. but now there is stuff to tell, so here I am.

We went to Meags grad, and we left on Tuesday taking the bus. she slept for the first bit, which is what I planned and then started to screech toward the end. I let her crawl up and down the aisle, but she was getting so DIRTY that I wouldn't let her do it anymore. she must have eaten like 6 cookies. I just wanted to make her happy and I would do anything basically.

We got to Edmonton and Bentley was OVERJOYED to see us. I thought his butt was going to fall off for wagging his tail so hard. he is so cute. I love having a dog. I mean, who else loves you and acts so excited to see you when you've been gone for 10 minutes?

A sitter was still not found when I got there and we called Anna, Colettes friend and she came through. that was good. I wasn't sure how I felt about having a baby with me at a dinner where I was hoping to converse like and adult and not have to try and make a screeching baby happy. I did have to bring her to the actual ceremony, where she did good and actually clapped her hands when she was suppose to and looked at the screen for Auntie Meags. She sat in her stroller and on my lap and ate Cheerios and flirted with anybody who would look at her, and wave of course.

Meags looked ravishingly beautiful of course. she wore this ORANGE dress, and I mean, who can get away with orange except Meags? the best part was her running shoes that she wore with the dress most of the day. but her dressier shoes were bought for 20 bucks and then she made them orange to match. there is no way I could have done that. I can't dye anything to save my life.

After the grad party, we had to go and pick up Kiera and put her in the car and drive her around again. she was none to pleased. but she did all right and fell asleep as soon as I put her down again in our room. but I gotta say, not a big fan of the INCREDIBLY early mornings. Because its so far north, its like light there at 4am I swear. so she was up at 545 the first few mornings. and could I ignore her? no. because she was sleeping at the end of my bed.
We had a good visit with memere and grandmemere both. Kiera loved the backyard and would romp in it as much as she wanted. she would ask to go outside and play. this made me think maybe suburbia isn't SO bad with these HUGE yards and all. And Bentley loved it too, being able to run around for as long as he wanted.
We got home on Saturday after a thankfully uneventful flight where she didn't sleep, just demanded Cheerios and more food.
The cutest thing she did though, was when her daddy came home. Basically every day we were gone she would demand to see Doug's picture. there is a picture of us on our wedding day in both grandmas houses. She would say DADA and I would take her over there and she would wave and smile at the picture and click her heels together. So when Doug walked in the door on Sunday she was beside herself with happiness. She grinned so hugely and put her head on her shoulder being "shy" but she went to Daddy so happily and snuggled into his chest and immediately began talking to him about the past couple of weeks. Daddy of course was extremely pleased with the whole thing.
Nana, which I THINK is what we are going to call Doug's mum, is here for the week because she fell ill whilst travelling around the country. Barry keeps trucking and she plans to catch up with him when she can. Its been great having her as my kitchen has been magically CLEAN everyday! WOW!
Last night, she did the funniest thing. Doug put her about 4 steps from the couch and from me and let her go. She walked all the way over without much thinking about it. well we were all watching her and go all excited. she THREW herself on to the floor and starting CRYING about it. like head on the ground, super upset. I am not sure if she was upset because we were laughing at her or if she got scared because of our reaction. but regardless, we all kept laughing at her apparent distaste for our reaction. funny baby.
I think she has also weaned herself unfortunately. I am a bit sad about this as I was/am not ready for it. no more morning cuddles with mum anymore. she is growing up MUCH to fast in my estimation.

Yesterday we booked our trip to Egypt and I am beyond excited. We are not taking Kiera, we are leaving her with grandparents and taking off. I am not sure how I am going to do that far away from her for that long. but I guess I will find out. I am pretty sure that when I have baby #2, these offers from grandparents are going to dry up pretty quick! I am also excited, because maybe that means that I will be travelling business again, which I had not expected to do for a VERY long time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home