Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Memere also came to visit

Memere came on Monday, with Uncle Kieran and Uncle Tiegh and Sir Kevin. one of the funny moments happened when Kiera started to call Kevin "granddad" and went.............oh wait! that isn't right! we all laughed. I would post pictures, except that my headache of a camera, the battery was OVER charged and killed it. I am so frustrated with that darn thing.

It was a good visit. We went to GOG and did a small hike and another place that people lived in carved out of the mountain. During our trip, Kiera decided to do the mother of all meltdowns. In other words I have never seen her act so, well childish in her entire life. And it was all over candy. sigh. no, I didn't give in and yes she did improve. but it took probably 25 minutes of very big feelings before it dissipated. Usually just validating her feelings does the trick, but not this time, she went on and on and on and on. But I survived and so did she and later we talked about it and she told me "mommy I couldn't stop myself", which is pretty good self awareness for a no quite 3 year old.

Doug and the guys went skiing and we did a bit of shopping and then out for a fantastic meal at the Cheesecake Factory. hmmmmmmmmmm. good food. Then the girls and I went for another visit on Friday while the boys skiied again, sans Doug this time. Kiera got to go in the pool, which she was thrilled about and did her crazy jumping in with her head under water and coming out raring for more. It was a great energy killer and when we left she told memere that "you come in our car" and memere said she had to stay. Kiera was very broken up about this and started crying :( but we continued on our merry way and she soon fell asleep. But she has declared she wants to see memere very soon.
I will post some pictures when I get them from memere's camera :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home