Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Potty Training, Mommy style

I have always had a pretty relaxed view of potty training or learning as some call it. Kiera has been showing signs, but I have never wanted to push her because of the immense changes going on in our house.
but today the coolest thing happened: she said "mommy, I need to potty." so I ran her to the toilet, put her on and she did her business!! WHA HOO!!! a couple of days ago she had started to pee and I told her she needed to do that on the toilet (shes been in panties or pull ups mostly) and she stopped and finished on the toilet.

I am so happy because I haven't been pushing her to do something she is not ready to do and I am not going to keep pushing her. I am telling her that to wear panties she must go in the potty, and she is really starting to hate her diaper. But so far she has pretty much been training herself! I am totally happy because this is how I wanted potty training to happen. when they are ready they just DO IT.
wha hoo!

yes I do think its slightly hysterical that I am blogging about PTing, but just wait till you all are parents ;)

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys...toilets save money in diapers! And the time of changing her...Way to go Mommy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home