Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Customer Complaint About Adelphia

I heard this can be damaging for them, so I am gonna do it as my own little revenge.

Okay so, in August we bought this commercial property. part of dealing with it is changing the account to be sent to our address, as we supply the cable. so I called I think 3 times to get someone on the phone who would deal with me trying to change the name and address so we could send them their money. No one can help me apparently over the phone. I leave like 3 messages. then, we get a disconnecting guy showing up at the property. dh heads down in person to deal with it. they tell him they can ONLY help him because it is on a disconnection notice. roll eyes we leave a message that we would like to start internet service there for our manager. no one ever calls us back.

fast forward two months. 3 weeks ago someone climbed our poll outside our house and messes with something. I don't know what they mess with, but we are out of internet service and out of a phone. dh is gone for the whole week. the only thing that gets me through the week is my new cell phone that I just got. so I call Adelphia and *I* have to schedule service to my house for their mistake. This is Monday morning by now and I have been out of service because of their mistake now for 1.5 days. The soonest they can come is Wednesday. annoying, but whatever. I am quite irritated so I call Qwest as a backup. Qwest can come out Thursday, I decide to view it as my backup plan.
Wednesday comes. I sit by my cell phone all day. it never rings. check my messages. check my home phone messages, nothing. I call them that afternoon around 2 inquiring as to where the cable dude is. (oh I should mention that there was an Adelphia guy in my area on Monday, I talked to him, but he wasn't there to fix their problem). they said that they called the number and no one answered they never sent the truck and would I like to reschedule? mad I was SO ticked at this point. I said "no, I have given you enough of a chance to fix your own mistakes I am DONE" I should also mention that when I called Adelphia, in spite of my dh's SUPER long conversation with them, THEY HAD NO RECORD THAT ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH OUR SERVICE. mad mad mad I called them again and told them my service was done and I needed to be credited for their stupidity.

NOW this is where it gets just STOOPID. For some odd reason our personal cable bill was sent to our commercial property hunh?! I have NO IDEA how that happened, as we had never had a conversation even CHANGING it to that address. so I tell them it needs to be sent to our house, oh and by the way, sending THAT account to our house would also be GREAT. and JUST LIKE THAT the guy changes the information in the system to reflect OUR address, instead of the previous address where it was getting sent and not getting paid. so today our bill arrives, threatening to cut off service, blah blah blah. I call them again to make sure there are NO late fees as its their idiocy that caused them to not be paid in the first place.

what really gets me about the whole thing is that I WAS TRYING TO GIVE THEM MONEY AND THEY WERENT MAKING IT EASY. bang head bang head bang head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home