Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Friday, June 08, 2007

so far behind I think I am ahead
























so I have been a neglectful mother. I have so much stuff to post its crazy.
First off we had their birthday party. it was fun. it was at the park and we sat at some picnic tables and had a Over the Hedge theme. the girls wore their apple dresses. they looked adorable. we got presents from most of the grandparents, which Kiera loved to unwrap of course.

Just FTR, because I think its pretty funny, Kiera has her own set of "swear" words. we are currently working on acceptable expressions of anger. we are trying to come up with what is okay in our family to do that I won't find disrespectful. for example, spitting at me is not something I can deal with. but hitting something is an outlet I am okay with. yes its physical, but whatever. I know that big displays of emotions sometimes freak people out. but if I am *really* okay with an emotion like anger, then I need to act okay with it and give her tools to do with her anger in an appropriate manner. I can't just expect her to figure it out on her own.
okay here are Kieras swear words :" scoonie" when she is really mad she starts yelling (not okay, we are working on that), but she throws this word into her tirade. what it means exactly I am not sure. her second word : Elise. this makes me ROFLing. because when I am ticked at her, I say KIERA ELISE P......... so apparently to her that is a BAD word that she has added to her vocabulary when she is ticked.
BAD MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO : ME. because she has also added damnit to her vocab. oops. clearly I need to make sure I grumble inwardly at the very least. I am not sure what to do with this one. I have read two possible responses 1) don't respond at all, ignore it or 2) say " we don't say words like that in our family, they are not nice". of course that means I have to be 100% good all the time. which I will admit is a challenge to me, even if I agree with the premise that using "wholesome" words is better, especially around kids. so basically anyone who sees my children in the next 6 weeks or so, sorry if she uses a bad word. I am working on it :P

okay onto the pics/videos.

1 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Beth said...

cute pics!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home