Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Big Day at Our House

Today was Kiera's first day of PRESCHOOL! Well it wasn't a full day, it was an open house where she met her teacher and familiarized herself with the classroom. We got her dressed in her new clothes, which she insisted that she wear. She looked adorable, of course. Now I just need to find her headband, which I cant find, sigh. Friday is her first full day, Doug will be here to do the dropping off. I am hoping she will be okay. And that I won't be a mess.
I will upload some pictures when I am on the other computer.

Now, let me think of some stories. Kalista has TONS of words, right now she is doing a lot of parroting what we say, but she is trying really hard. She loves shoes. She insists on wearing them all the time. "ooo, ooo!" When daddy calls or I am on the phone, she yells at me wanting to talk on the phone too. Especially the cell phone. She says "HI!" on the phone quite clearly to anyone who is willing to listen. This morning while we were at preschool she finished her snack and I told her the cup needs to go in the garbage. She looked at me, and walked right over to the garbage and threw it away. She is now able to go down the slide at the park all by herself, which she is also quite pleased with. The other day I put her in a dress intended for next summer, so its big. I tried to get it off her for church, but she freaked out and wouldn't let me. And she started saying "Daddy! daddy!" I deduced that she wanted to show daddy her dress. And sure enough as soon as she saw him she lunged for him and pointed at her dress. To which of course he said "you look so pretty!" and then she blushed. It was quite cute. She is finally quite in love with daddy.
Kiera of course, is always full of mischief. Right now she is telling me on a regular basis "I know daddy doesn't want any more babies, but I would really like a baby brother in there" as she pats my tummy. I tell her we are thinking about it and that I can't guarantee a brother.
She also has coached Kalista through labour a few times. One time Kalista was standing in the spot where I gave birth and said "okay, just one more push and the baby will be out!" seriously. She talks about being born all the time. she has described how she was born, mommy being cut open and then we got to see each other for the first time. and how it hurt mommy lots and lots. I really honestly wonder if she remembers being born. She has expressed she would like to be born again at home and Kalista can be born in the hospital. I assure her often that mommy and daddy were SO HAPPY when she was born and so glad she was here.
I have also come to the conclusion that she is an ENFJ. just like someone else I know ;) Actually that is Oprah Winfreys profile as well. Anyway, it does make her a bit more prone to anxiety when things don't go as planned. She gets a bit freaked out. For example, she thought GG M were coming to dinner, but it was GG Q, which made her really upset. She would hardly come down for dinner. sigh. this is going to be challenging and I am going to have to learn ways to deal with her anxiety without exacerbating it or demeaning it either.
Her present reality and her past and even future get a bit mixed up with her fantasy life. She often states things like "we went to Nana's beach house yesterday" of course that was 3 months ago, so that obviously is not the case. We went to a birthday party and when I wasn't there she walked in and announced that "I am going to the dentist tomorrow!" which she isn't. She is definitely in the words are magic stage.
She has a highly developed sense of justice. if she is not allowed to say something, than neither am I. If she isn't allowed to act a certain way, than neither am I. This is not in issues regarding what adults can do and what children cannot do. more like.............moral things. Like in our family we are not suppose to yell at each other. or hit each other. that kind of thing.
She sure is interesting. they both keep me on my toes.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Cheryl Quist said...

Congratulations on your first day of preschool Kiera!

And btw... Mommy and Daddy are not encouraging Kiera to be a tyrant. So,I'm wondering if a blog name change is possible? Perhaps we could have a family contest to see who comes up with the most positive and creative name for the blog...

Thoughts?

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger The Parents said...

Candice,
You are such a great mom. Your girls are blessed to have a parent who is in tune with allowing them to each be an individual.
Have a nice trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home