Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Party time...

So at long last Kiera had her first official birthday party yesterday, and we all had a GREAT time. At least I did, and I am pretty sure Kiera enjoyed herself as well.
It was a crazy morning. I went grocery shopping the night before while Doug was there for all of the stuff for a barbeque. After she woke up I fed her breakfast and then we decorated for the party. Abby came up from downstairs to help me out, which was great because I am decoratively challenged. Then Kiera went to sleep again, I had a shower, wrapped her gift and as soon as she woke up we were off again. We had to make a stop at the optical store because someone took my glasses off my face and reefed on them really good. I then ran over to Albertsons and got balloons and a card. And one of the balloons randomly popped while I was in the car with it. freaky. Off to Dairy Queen to pick up her cake, which turned out okay. though not as great as I would have liked. we raced home, dropped the cake off and started off the the airport to pick up my friend Daphne from Salt Lake, the plane of course was 10 minutes late!! She started to get MAD MAD MAD, so I stopped off and got some really bad lunch from Wendys for her and on the way home from the airport she put on a GREAT show for Daphne, screeching the whole way home. so I promptly put her in bed. I ran downstairs and starting making my salad, punch, grating cheese, washing lettuce. and thankfully no one came until around 115. when everyone got there, I went and got her out of bed, dressed her up really cute and brought her downstairs. she was very excited about the whole thing. She never actually managed to open a gift, but she liked what she got. First we danced to Hound Dog by Elvis, which she was all into. Then we had lunch, had yummy ice cream cake and then opened gifts. it was really fun. Daddy was very disappointed he could not be there.
Now Daphne is here and is helping me keep my house tidy after my major house clean on Friday. Its really nice having someone to clean up with after a party that is for sure. I now feel like she is officially one. wow. It went so fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home