Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Friday, March 11, 2005

Climbing Stairs and Night Terrors?

Well she did it. The morning I was away of course, having lunch with an friend. We keep her upstairs with us, with some toys, while daddy plays away on the computer. His favourite past time. There are two stairs leading to the bedrooms and so far they have acted as a gate of sorts. She has been trying for about 2 months to get up them with no avail. Well she figured it out and once babies figure stuff out, there ain't no going back. Its kind of fun, but now I have to add a bunch of gates around my house to keep her either on top of the stairs or at the bottom of the stairs. Keeping her out of the kitchen was also becoming a challenge. While I was making dinner she had walked in and helped herself to Bentley's food. ewwww. she spit it out after she tasted it too.
So yesterday I went out and purchased a new gate. just one because that is all we can afford right now. and I didn't find a good one for the top of the stairs.

Her diaper rash has been really bad for about a week now, and I am not sure what else to do about it. I have her a bath and let her run around naked again for a while. She stood up by the chair and started dancing like crazy to the radio. We actually got some video of her dancing to our friend Abbeys music, which happened to be salsa too. It was so cute. everytime she dances, I know she belongs to me, even though nobody says we look alike.

I am not sure if she is experiencing night terrors or not. That would explain why she is inconsolable. The other night the woke up for 5 minutes, screamed and then we heard nothing. wierd. I will have to look into that.

now you all need to comment on this board if you read it. why? I don't want to feel that my work is for nothing. so comment away. even if you just say OH SHE IS SO CUTE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home