Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Total exaggeration

First off, I have VERY VERY rarely asked Doug to do ANYTHING in the middle of the night. He makes it sound like every night I ask him to get up. Most of the time it would be fruitless as he is completely incoherant in the AM hours. All I am asking, which I think is reasonable, is EVERY ONCE and a while to attend her, especially when she won't respond to me at all. and I DID NOT just plop her on him and say go for it. I had tried all ready for a half an hour, the 3rd time that night I might add, to calm her down. I brought her to bed with us in an effort to quiet her. It was not working. He got mad, that is when I said go for it, because nothing I am doing is working. AND to top if off, I guess I am suppose to be so nice about it at 4am as well. I am suppose to be all sweet and say "oh Doug, please help." whatever.

Anyway. We are at grandma q's today, and I SLEPT IN!!! we made a deal last night that if I got up with her in the middle of the night, he would get up with her AM. So he did. and I slept in until 830am. funny that that is considered a sleep in now. Doug brought her downstairs, and put her on the floor. She did not know that I was there, because I hid under the covers. She crawled right over to our bed and for a while I just watched her, then I lifted the sheet and said BOO! She laughed like it was the FUNNIEST thing she had ever seen in her life. So of course I did it again...and she giggled hysterically again. Daddy got to watch the whole thing and amusement was provided for all.

But thanks everyone for your advice and comments. We will get this whole division of labour figured out I think. we have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home