Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cheerios And Travels

I have decided that Cheerios are worth their wieght in gold, for a number of reasons. First off, on the plane I can give them to her constantly and they keep her happy. That in itself makes cheerios a very loved item. She would eat them ALL day if I let her. Secondly, the entertainment they afford, from her UMMMMMMM's to her stuffing her face is all quite funny.
I keep the Cheerios in the living room as I am constantly replenshing her supply. The box was sitting by the couch. Well she was crawling all over and I was keeping an eye on her, and I knew she was sitting right beside the couch. It turns out she had taken the box and dumped it in an effort to get what she wanted. So there she was, with her mountain of Cheerios, happily snacking. Of course, I had to take a picture. I am going to get Doug to figure out how in the heck to post pics on this darn thing.

She did very well yesterday in spite of our gruelling trip home. We arrived in Salt Lake at 730pm to a "volunteers needed" sign for our flight. I knew the next flight was also terrible, so I called my friends. We ended up crashing at my friend Daphnes house. problem being I had no crib, as its at my parents. So I had to sleep with her, which never works well. For the first half of the night, she slept in her pseudo bed, beside me on the floor, between two dressers. Then she woke up in the middle of the night, sat straight up which she is in the habit of doing and hit her head on the dresser. then she yelled more. so I brought her to bed for the second half of the night. then we had all day to kill. We dropped Daphne off for her piano lesson and I went and got Bentleys bordotello shot, and then drove him to little dogs, where he ran around all day. Then we went to lunch and a movie. a movie! with a baby! Actually, she did pretty good. I just hung out near the door and let her crawl for a bit, and then put her to bed when she was ready. she slept half the movie. don't think I would try it for anything more than a matinee though. Then her husband picked us up and we hang out at his parents house and then he drove us to the airport hours later, CHEERIOS IN HAND for that same flight 24 hours later. we got on the flight, but had to sit on the tarmac for an HOUR!!!!!! Sitting with a baby and a dog on the tarmac for an hour is SO NOT FUN. I would not recommend it at all. She, of course, was her charming little self, giggling and waving to the seat behind us. Jumping up and down, wanting to pet Bentley, who did not want to be petted. Thinking about biting mum. it was LOADS of fun. Highly recommended. By the time I rolled in, I was EXHAUSTED, as it had been just me and the baby and Bentley for the past 24 hours. The door was locked. Now, normally this would not be an issue, but our tenant has the key so she could do her laundry. So at midnight I had to wake her up and get the key. And Bentley, bless his little doggie heart, was a very good boy and went straight to bed. But he made up for that today and ran away when there was an open door. without a collar. I ran around the nieghbourhood calling his name with no avail. I dropped her off with the nieghbour to look more extensively, when he showed up. He knew he was in trouble, he would not come to me, which is not normal for him. I might break out too if I was a dog that just didn't get walked very much. But he had FUN yesterday..so really.
My inlaws are coming tomorrow, and I am suppose to be cleaning my house. *sigh*. I am too tired to be cleaning my house.. I think I will just have the guest bedroom ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home