Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Odds n Ends

Well we arrived home safely, via Frankfurt on Sept 10th. happily, we made it onto the Air Canada flight direct to YYC, though we were stuck in the two middle seats for what felt like an eternity. it was kind of a lame plane actually. but I digress.


A few more stories I neglected to share:
on our trip to Luxor, we were at this alabaster musuem, where its not much of a musuem, and more like a store. there was some gorgeous stuff, but again, tapped of funds so we didn't get a thing. however, while we were there, there was this group of boys that were essentially begging, some of them did not have shoes and kept asking us for candy. then I saw one of them carrying a hypodermic needle! I was freaking out and demanded they give it to me. they did and then they wanted it back. I was like ARE YOU CRAZY?! this thing could have the AIDS virus. and to think of the little barefeet :( I looked at the men, all sitting on the bench and pulled out my best disgusted mother face and said "what are you going to do with this?" I couldn't see any garbages around. they all didn't seem to care, which doesn't surprise me but still bugs me. Doug said you can't get a group of 7 year old boys to do anything you want them to. So some guy came up, took the needle from me and disposed of it, in a trash can readily accessible by the boys. I am sure it was all for show, and I wonder if after I left the boys went and retrieved it. what a STUPID thing to play with. I still can't believe how much trash is around that country laying everywhere.

Doug, I decided, is a freak of nature. the man is completely UNAFFECTED by time changes. The first night, I woke up at 12am, and stayed awake until 7am, and then fell asleep. it progressively got better until about the 6th day when I slept through the night fully. but Doug, OTOH, just slept through the night like he had been in that time zone his whole life. and we are talking about a 9 hour ahead of us difference here. it made me SO MAD. then he tells me JUST LIE THERE AND TELL YOURSELF ITS NIGHTTIME. I told him I AM NOT A FREAK, SORRY. now we are home, and again, he is practically all switched over after the first day.


When we got home, we called from the tarmac and told my parents we were actually HERE and ready to be picked up. it worked out just about perfect, I was super excited to see Kiera and when they pulled up I saw her little face and she recognised me, made this funny face, and barely interacted me the whole car trip. she was MAD MAD MAD and was not afraid to let me know. she was cooing with Doug and chatting happily with him, with me, she let me know. she was giving me the cold shoulder. she was like that for about an hour or so. then she got over it. sort of.

the first night was hard. she was very scared of us leaving her at all, so we ended up sleeping together and have been ever since. I think its a combination of her teeth and fear that is contributing to her crying. nothing like making mum feel REALLY guilty or anything. the first night we got back home, she asked for a bath. she actually SAT DOWN! holy cow! then last night, she went to her room after dinner got her blankey and then proceeded to demand to be rocked in her chair. so we complied. but when Doug tried to put her down, screeching ensued. so I went to bed at 815pm last night. and even then, when Doug tried to take Bentley for a walk, she freaked out. Actually when Doug brought the suitcases up the stairs last night, she freaked out. she is especially clingy and again, nothing like loading on the guilt. sigh. I am not sure how long this will last, but we will just have to deal with it.
over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home