Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

WAY too busy

for me. in fact, I didn't go to camp today bc I was to darn tired to motivate myself. that and I couldn't figure out how to get home...

okay...so lets see here. much to update. First off, I took her to her 15 month appointment. ummm, yeah. she hasn't gone since she was 9 months. she wieghs 21 lbs, and is in the 50% percentile for wieght. for hieght she was 31 ", and was in the 75%. but I think the FUNNIEST thing is that her HEAD is OFF the charts!! how hysterical! but she has always had a big head, so its no big deal I think...

and what else..hmmm. I left last thursday night to go to my conference. Brentsu had her for that night for about 3 hours and apparently she did just fine, it wasn't too hot and the trick is to just stuff her with food. Doug and I met in CVG where he was overnighting and I left early the next morning. we went out for dinner with his crew and I got the dreaded "sooo, what do you do besides your child??" I was like "uuhhhh, ummm, yeah...uhh, swim?" I felt SO LAME. maybe its bc I just AM lame.

I had a lovely time at the conference which makes me wish I had a personal blog, which makes me think I should start one. a life of a stay at home mum...gosh, the trails and tribulations would be just PAGE TURNING I tell ya.

anyway. I got home on Sunday with a little bit of drama, but I did get there. I met everyone at Gunther Tudy's, this restaurant and she did the same thing for me as she does for daddy, smiled and put her head down. it was soooo cute and I was quite ecstatic to see her that is for sure. and of course, now I am loaded with guilt that I went...

she's had quite a bit of progress in the talking department it seems. today she added the ALL important word, NO! I am really excited about that. She kept getting into the cupboard and usually I just redirect her. this time I said NO, you have to stay out of that cupboard. she said NO! I was like WOW, she said it. what fun for me! she also said NANA, in reference to bananas and said night night tonight as well. I think I am going to make a list. I have found that she might know words, but she doesn't use them everyday either...

okay list:
bye bye
book
nana
no
dadda
muma
that's dog
what's that?
yay
bumpa
so..hmmm, that doesn't look overly impressive. I might have to re think that list. but those are the ones she has used recently.

It was gross hot here again today and I am just REALLY READY for this to GO AWAY. the good news is that I have made some pretty cool friends that have young babies as well. all via my website where I am discussing a new style of parenting that does not involve spanking. tomorrow I am going to show Kiera the ANGRY DANCE, I think she will get a kick out of it.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does the angry dance look like? Can you include a picture? I'm waiting for updated pics of Kiera. Luv Memere

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember she gurgled "Andrea" a while back...so you can add that to your list too!

Kisses to Kiera from Auntie Andi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home