Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Crazy weekend

On Saturday night we decided to hit the COG railway and we got on for nada. It was a 3 hour ride and we all enjoyed it, though MK was pretty late getting to bed. the views were pretty amazing though, that is for sure.

Then on Sunday MK and I, no daddy went to Waterworld. it was a blast! I took some pics of us at the park, but I wish I had taken more. She was a very brave little girl and went down a waterslide all by herself. it was a small one, but she asked! then we went down a big person's one in a raft. she cried a little bit, but for the most part she enjoyed herself. It was definitely a different kind of day for me though. I love amusement parks and run around to see everything I can see. this day was much more inhibited.

So....I am currently stressing about CIO. on this board I post on, there is a thread discussing it. they DO NOT advocate it and think its senseless and will make attachment to you for your child much more difficult. CIO is crying it out.

I am trying to hash this one out in my mind, as the more I learn about AP parenting, the more I lean toward it. BUT, I haven't exactly bought into the whole non CIO. I feel like I am somewhere in the middle. I guess I am going to defend myself here for a minute.

I never ever let her cry as a newborn until 4ish months of age. then one day her sleep patterns changed and she was on a day/night like the rest of us. she went from this happy child to SCREECHING for no apparent reason and could not be soothed. I felt a bit lost until I bought HEALTHY SLEEP HABITS HAPPY CHILD. I didn't feel like I did a FULL ON CIO, I went to her often in the middle of the night for a very long time. I was somewhere in between.

anyway, this board I am posting on is really making me question myself as a mother. like I all ready feel underqualified as it is, as if I need someone telling me I am going to cause attachment issues in my child! AHHHHH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home