Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Calm down everyone...

regarding my last post. Its a blog and I type about the things that I am thinking about. and since this did, in some way, regard Kiera, I felt that it was all right to put on here. so sorry Ryan, that you were offended. :p
Doug DID admit he was being a terd when he said that comment about babysitting. And he's made it up to me by taking care of her a lot in the past few days, and letting me even sleep in for a WHOLE HOUR later than usual. see...there is progress. I will try to keep another blog about Doug and I, where I can complain all I'd like. anonymously of course.

Right now, this very minute, he is downstairs hanging out with her while I type this little write up. Today we got a new Kelty back pack. I saw it in the newspaper this morning and called on it, because I am going to try to buy things to resell them. When I got there she asked for 15 bucks more than quoted on the phone. but I did check ebay before I went, and it was still a good price. So this afternoon we took it for a stroll around town. This is a backpack that holds her in it. our stroll around town brought attention to the fact that I am WAY out of shape and need to get my butt in gear. If you ever come and visit us, we'll take you on it. its pretty cool, you get really high over the town and you can see everything. it always makes me really like my town. now I just need to get used to hauling an extra 20lb on my back when I do it.

She is still sick. caught whatever Doug had last week, not very pleasant. But she is sleeping well still, though she has started to get up at 630AM!!!!.. I just let her hang out for a half an hour. She is not mad, she just makes some noise and talks to herself. 7AM is my absolute EARLIEST.
Today she also managed to put a spoon in her mouth,the right way, all by herself. she was very pleased with that.
Funny story. It was early in the morning and I wasn't quite ready to get out of bed, so I brought her to our room and set her on the floor to let her explore while watching her. She was happy for a while, and looked at us and started to do her "upset" cry, like complaining, not genuinely crying. Anyway, she arched her back, classic baby move, and fell right back onto the floor. When she usually arches, mommy is there to catch her. We laughed of course, and she was very indignant about us laughing at her.
Today, our friend came over and we were chatting away as she crawled around in front of us. She pulled herself up on the TV stand and starting playing with the vcr/dvd combo. It was all fun until she started screeching, and it got louder and louder and she was trying to sit down until all of us dumb adults realised she had jammed her fingers in the vcr part. it was almost comical because at first it just sounded like one of her typical loud vocalizations, which are quite normal. But her fingers were fine and of course, she just wanted her mummy.
Its really nice when Doug is around, because whenever he first comes home, she acts like she doesn't know him and makes it difficult for me to go anywhere without her being upset. But its always better when he is about to go back to work...kind of ironic I guess to have it start all over a few days later.
I will encourage Doug to write about her and thier time together. They do enjoy each others company quite a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home