Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Thursday, March 24, 2005

I am changing my mind

about blogging about our marriage. After giving it some thought, I realised that is not very authentic of me. And I am sorry Ryan if that offends you. I think a lot more marriages would survive if we were allowed to be honest with each other and our struggles within our marriages. Sometimes being married sucks. Its hard work, having to think about how I am going to communicate with Doug. Other times I don't think and just SAY it, then I regret it.
Most of you that read my blog are people that I took my vows in front of, and you promised to support our marriage in whatever way you could. Sorry if the reality of my existance makes you uncomfortable, but being married is not an individualistic thing. Its about a community and a society at large that we need to stay married for. We are far from being NOT married, so relax everyone, but considering I live very far from everyone who knows me well, this is it. This is my community with you guys. Sometimes I need you to just listen and other times I need a good kick in the pants because my attitude sucks. I am willing to hear that because I want my marriage to work and to last.
But Kiera will still be central, I promise.
Funny story from this morning. Doug had her in bed because I was blogging away on my earlier post. I walked in the room and she started to crawl toward the edge of the bed. I wasn't sure if she'd stop and sure enough she didnt and I scooped in and got her. What was funny though, was she said "uh oh". I was like "yeah, uh oh is right, you would have fallen right off the bed you goof."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home