Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Dada

Doug is on the east coast right now and had to get up at 430am EST to go to work. ewwwwwww. but he went to bed at 7pm EST last night. so I guess that makes up for it. he really has this talent that he can sleep any time and anywhere. His dad tells me its because they dragged him around when he was young and he learned to sleep wherever he was at the time. Its a good skill to have when your schedule is different every week almost.
So this morning we called him when we got up. I put the phone to Kieras ear and Doug said hello or whatever. She started grinning widely and I was pretty sure she could tell it was her dada. I said "that's dada" and she goes "dada". then I KNEW that she knew. Doug of course, was tickled pink. I feel like its the first time that she has put it together for sure that is her daddy on the other end. very exciting.
I didn't sleep well last night, because Doug was not here and I wasn't sure if my new found friend was going to come and visit. Well she didn't, but that didn't stop me from waking up like 6 times. *sigh*.
I feel like Kiera has really gotten in her sleep groove and rarely protest anymore when its time for naps. It makes it so much easier for me too, because then I can plan my day around her naps. Yes, getting up at 7am REALLY sucks, but now I just go to bed early. It much nicer having a baby who sleeps well all the times she needs to with no crying/screeching. CIO is VERY bad according to some people, but I did it while she was young and her brain didn't register it anyway. you can call me mean if you'd like, but it WORKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home