Kiera's Tyranny

This blog is about our 2 children, Kiera 2 and Kalista, both born in May, 2 years and 9 days apart. I like to post pictures and tell funny stories about usually Kiera's antics. This is a way to keep family and friends "in the loop". I have moved my ranting to another blog :)

Friday, May 19, 2006

Kalista Nicole

Was born on Saturday, May 13th, at 12:29pm into her daddies hands. well almost. he was too chicken to actually catch her as she was making her appearance.
the birth went great. went into labour on Friday, though I wasn't *sure* if it was real labour or not, me and my irritable uterus contracting all the stinking time and I told Doug he was "allowed" to go on an overnight to Great Falls. doh. Tried to go to bed at 11pm, but the contractions were much too strong to sleep. called midwife, took bath, didn't go away, getting more painful and longer. so everyone came over at about 330AM. That included my midwife, my friend Amanda and my doula. Kiera woke up to see what was going on and stayed up for about 2 hours. we got the pool going, but we had to do it manually because Doug hadn't taken care of the one small detail (making sure I had the hose was available!) I needed him to do! granted, he was suppose to be there, soooooooooooo........... what can you do?
I started to space out a bit with my contractions around 5 and I took some black cohash and all of the sudden I was contracting very quickly. I was at 5cm dilated by about 6am, so now I was "officially" in labour. I did lots of work in that short period of time. between 7-8 am I hit transition, which was actually pretty easy for me. compared to what I went through with Kiera, these contractions were a walk in the park.
at 1030 I started pushing and because I was like 9cm, the midwife did the last little lip of cervix out of the way. it HURT HURT HURT. anyway, I was in the pool, started there, and changed positions about a million times to get her down. daddy arrived at 1130 after driving like a maniac from where he landed. so he helped me with some labour support to.
I really believed she was NEVER going to come, but alas she did come. she was large, which was to be expected, almost 9 lbs, the midwife thought she was. we weighed her after a couple of hours and she was 8 '12. she also had a huge head, which is one reason why it took so long to get her OUT!, it was 14.5 inches and she was cocked slightly to the side which made her head even larger. I am sure I would have ended up with a section if I was in the hospital because I had to change positions so many times its unlikely they would have had the patience, or for that matter the expertise to get her out the way she was suppose to come.

she is super cute. we love her all ready. so does Kiera.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Welcome to the world little one!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jeannie Babb said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Homebirth rocks! Big hugs to the whole family.

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home